Thursday, February 22, 2007

ER drawing some striking parallel's to the Kim Family

So I'm watching ER tonight and the main plot-o-the-night is about a family that was traveling on a closed road in a state park during a bad snow storm. They light fires trying to signal for help. The family was found alive after three days minus their son. He left trying to find help.

I'm not sure about anyone else but this hitting a little too close to home. The Kim's were on a closed road during a very bad storm and got caught in it. They also lit their tires and other items on fire trying to signal the rescue teams. And we all know how the story ended tragically with the death of James Kim.

The main difference in this story is the TV ending, everyone survives. The boy was found because the sister was sending him txt message and the teams looking for him where able to triangulated his cell phone signal. Nice happy tech ending.

Now I know that this story happens once every two year or so. A car goes off the road during a storm and is lost for a day or two. But this is way to close to what happened in the days following Thanksgiving of this year. I hope that this is a large coincidence, but i refuse to believe this. Does anyone know when this episode was written?

I don't know... if I lost someone that was close to me very publicly, I would tear me apart to see the story turned into on plot in an hour show.

No comments: