Saturday, February 24, 2007

Holy Shit i'm going to see Dropkick on St Patrick's Day!!


Oh my god... Mary sent me an email on Thursday with information about how to win the chance to buy tickets to a Dropkick Murphys St. Patrick's Day concert at Harpers Ferry in Allston. You could only get two tickets per entry. So the two of us went in on it. I didn't think we'd win, but god damn we did!

Now to see DKM is great, they have always put on a great show. To see them on St Patrick's day is awesome, their St Patrick day shows are the highlight of Boston every year. But to see them on St Patrick's day, at a special third show, at Harper's Ferry (capacity of 350) is just Fucking Unbelievable! I cannot believe she won them (though the concert is $25 a person, small price to pay)!!. This is going to be one of my fav concerts ever!

Top 5 Concerts (as of 2/23/07):
1. Dropkick Murphys St Patrick's day (well two days before) 2003 - A surprise from my ex, one of the best gifts ever
2. Rolling Rock Town Fair - Latrobe 2000 (My best friend Scott and I got to see Fuel, Filter, Marcy's Playground, Our Lady Peace, Moby, and Red Hot Chili Peppers for $33 each)
3. Counting Crows - Tweeter Center 2004 - This was just a great concert... John Mayer was the head liner but I was there for the Counting Crows
4. Better Than Ezra - Avalon Ballroom 2002 - Another Tim and Scott concert. Cheap concert, fun band, and drunken fun. You cannot beat it.
5. ben folds five - penn state 1999 - A free college concert before I was even in College, good times.

Enjoy the weekend!

No comments: