Saturday, March 10, 2007

Did i ever know how good Queen was?

so i've been dicking around the tubes tonight and i came across some vidoes from Queen. Maybe it's because i was born in the early 80's and by the time i started caring about music grunge was in, Nirvana was king, and Queen was a band you only listened to if your team won a game.

So 18 years go by and tonight I'm starting to relized what i've been missing. If you asked me what Queen songs on my iPod, We are the Champians, We will Rock You, and Bohemian Rhapsody would be my answers. Little did i know some where on napster i must have picked up their Greatest Hits Album. At least one of the three anyway. Great song like Under Pressure, Don't Stop Me Now (anyone who saw Sean of the Dead will know this song), Crazy Little Thing Called Love, I Want to Break Free, and I Want it All have been just sitting on my iPod just waiting for me to play them. I can see now why so many of today's bands were influenced by them.

But now i wonder, what else on my ipod is just waiting to be discovered? I have alot of crap on it, but maybe i should put it on shuffle more often.

No comments: