Sunday, February 18, 2007

Walking the Callahan Tunnel

So tonight was full of twist and turns. My friend had her birthday party tonight. I was not sure if i was going to go or not but since i'm now collecting unemployment i decided to go. I then found out my ex was going to be there... I was not sure how i felt about that but after talking to my friends i didn't see a reason to get all worked up about it. When she got there we talked a little and she mingled. Some songs came on and we danced a little and it was going fine.

So the bar closes, my ex gets her coat, and we set out to find a cab for her. She is cold and hugs my arm. It felt good, but once again i had to remind myself that we are not together and it made me sad. we found her a cab and she went on her way.

I know she is going out with someone, and it that hurts a little. I'm obviously not over her but maybe it'll make the recovery smoother if i start to move on a little.

(Side note: If you are going to walk the length of the Callahan Tunnel, wear an old jacket, it is sooo fuckin dirty down there.)


G'night

No comments: